In the software ecosystems lecture an exercise is defined. The exercise consists of the following:
- Describe a software company (one paragraph)
- Describe the product of interest (one paragraph)
- Create the PDC (use old template or new template)
- Create the SSN (use same templates)
- Describe the SSN (one paragraph, focus on cash “flow”)
- Describe the PDC (one paragraph)
- Identify weaknesses (three, one line each)
- Propose improvements for each weakness (one paragraph each)
The lecture presentation can be found here.
Reference papers are:
Jansen, S., Brinkkemper, S., Finkelstein, A. (2009). Business Network Management as a Survival Strategy: A Tale of Two Software Ecosystems. 1st International Workshop on Software Ecosystems, CEUR-WS vol. 505 http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-505 (pdf).
Jansen, S., Brinkkemper, S., Finkelstein, A. (2009). A Sense of Community: A Research Agenda for Software Ecosystems. 31st International Conference on Software Engineering, New and Emerging Research Track (pdf).
Boucharas, V., Jansen, S., Brinkkemper, S. (2009), Formalizing Software Ecosystem Modeling, 1st International Workshop on Open Component Ecosystems (pdf)
Sjaak Brinkkemper, Ivo van Soest, and Slinger Jansen. Modeling of product software businesses: Investigation into industry product and channel typologies. In The Inter-Networked World: ISD Theory, Practice, and Education, proceedings of the Sixteenth International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD 2007). Springer-verlag, 2007. (pdf)